Coaching cyclists to greatness
Hi! I am Anna Beck, Level 2 NCAS accredited coach, mother, cyclist, writer and health care professional; but not necessarily in that order.
I started coaching as a way of giving back to the sport with an emphasis on developing juniors at a local level, and since then have evolved to coach athletes from juniors to masters and everything in between. I have had the privilege of coaching multiple athletes to race from the grassroots to World-level in the following disciplines:
Gravity Enduro, and;
As a coach I believe in a holistic approach that includes fitness and skill-based work on the bike in addition to working on other crucial aspects of bike racing such as nutrition, psychology, pre-race preparation and post-race analysis. While analysing data is important, it's just as important to have the other pieces of the puzzle working cohesively to allow the athlete the best possible chance of success.
Furthermore, with first-hand experience in high performance coaching as both coach and athlete, the daily grind of balancing work and parenting with training, as well as the unique challenges of shift work; means that I understand the needs of multiple athlete populations.
Whether you're riding for fitness, the local club series, stepping up to a state or domestic level or even targeting an international campaign, I can help you become fitter and faster than ever before.
• Level 2 NCAS Accredited Coach
• Bachelor of Health Science Degree (Distinction)
• Australian National XCM Elite Champion
• Australian National XCM Elite Series Winner
• 2x Australian Elite XCM World Championship Team Member
• Australian Elite XCO World Championship Team Member
• National Series Race Winner (XCO, XCM)
• Queensland Road and Cyclocross State Champion
• Queensland Gravity Enduro State Championship Podium
Images courtesy of Russ Baker and Mick Ross at Flow